WRINKLES & RUNKLES
£45 for a one-day class, 10am - 4pm
Create amazing textures with shrink polyester and smocking thread in this full-day workshop taught by Jan Tillett, textile artist and tutor. You will make a selection of stitched samples that can be used to inform future work.
Please bring the following equipment along to class:
- sewing machine, including all accessories, feet and manual
- darning or free motion embroidery foot
- a variety of sewing machine needles
- sewing kit, including paper and fabric scissors, pins, tailor's chalk, etc.
- wooden kebab stick (if you have one)
- notebook and pen/pencil
You will also need to bring the following MATERIALS to class:
- 1/2 metre of calico
- good quality sewing threads in various colours (e.g. Gutermann, Sylko, etc.)
- machine embroidery threads if you have them, including metallic threads
- 50cm x 60cm of shrink polyester (this will be available to buy directly from the teacher)
- a variety of fabrics including silk, chiffon, organza, light-weight velvet/velour, cotton -plain and patterned (50cm squares of each will be more than enough)
- small amount of wadding
- lace, ribbon, etc.
All of the above materials can be bought from our shop or the teacher directly on the day.
If you have any questions regarding the equipment or material ot bring, don't hesitate to speak to us.
To find out more about Jan Tillett's workshops, visit her website at www.jantillett.co.uk.
Next workshop dates:
- To be confirmed
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP AT 01392 275660.