TERMS & CONDITIONS
All of the prices shown on our website are in British Pounds Sterling (inclusive of VAT).
When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. This term has been included to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing. For example if we have inadvertently under-priced goods, are no longer able to supply a particular product, or the date for which a special offer is valid for has passed. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable. All blog post prices are correct at the time of publishing and are liable to change. Please contact us if you would like to check prices and stock availability.
Delivery Charges Within UK Mainland for Online Purchases
Orders made from our website are sent using Royal Mail First Class post. You should receive your order in approximately 2 - 4 working days from when you order. Our usual working days are Monday to Saturday excluding bank holidays. If you make an order on Sunday, Monday will be the next processing day. We aim to despatch the same business day (Monday to Friday) for orders received before 9am and the next business day for orders received after 9am.
Please note that during periods when the shop is shut (for example, over Christmas) the order will be processed on the next day that the shop is open. Please see our current Covid-19 update for any changes to opening hours due to the pandemic.
Postage and packing charges apply to all items purchased via our website. Postage and packing charges within the UK are shown in relation to the cost of the ordered items.
Below are our postage rates.
Order Value Postage and Packaging
£4.99 or Under £1.50
£5 - £9.99 £2.50
£10 - £24.99 £3.50
£25 - £39.99 £4.00
£40 - £74.99 £4.50
£75 and Over Free
If you give us an incorrect delivery address and a parcel is returned to us or undelivered because of that incorrect address we reserve the right to charge additional postage to cover the re-sending of your parcel to the correct address.
Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd reserves the right to notify you if postage to your chosen destination is significantly higher than the postage rate indicated due to the destination or the bulk/weight value of the item being shipped. If this is the case we will email you with information about the amended rate and will only proceed with the order when you confirm that the amended amount is acceptable.
Delivery Charges Beyond UK Mainland and Overseas Orders for Online Purchases
Currently we are not able to send items beyond UK Mainland and Overseas.
If your item is not in stock you will be contacted and we will inform you of the expected waiting time. You will then have the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Data collected by this site is used to take and fulfil customer orders. Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
All our prices are shown inclusive of VAT.
Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
- Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd gift vouchers are issued by Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd only.
- By purchasing a gift voucher you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Please note that the gift vouchers can only be redeemed in-store. They cannot be used to purchase products online via our website.
- Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd gift vouchers are valid for 24 months from date of purchase.
- The minimum amount for a gift voucher is £5.
- As with all purchases made online, gift vouchers can be expected between 2 to 4 working days from the order date. Unfortunately, we cannot specify or guarantee a delivery time. (Please see above for more information about delivery charges and times).
- You are able to choose a different delivery address if you would like us to send the gift voucher directly to the recipient. In this case, please email us immediately after placing your order so that we can include a message with the gift voucher. Please state clearly what you would like this message to say. It is important that you also include your own name and confirm the delivery address in this email, to allow us to match it up to the correct online purchase.
- Our gift vouchers are available in mulitples of £5 and £10, simply select the quantity you would like. The gift voucher will be written as a single voucher for the total amount purchased. If you would like the total amount spread across separate vouchers, please email us with instructions immediately after making your purchase. It is important that you include your name and delivery details in this email, to allow us to match it up to the correct online purchase.
- Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd gift vouchers can be used for part-payment or full-payment against any of our products, including machines and places on our classes.
- The purchase of products and booking of classes and/or other goods shall be subject to availability. The gift voucher does not allow you to be entitled to any preferential rights over other customers.
- Please keep your gift voucher safe as it contains credit which can be used by anyone presenting it at Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd. Only original, undamaged gift vouchers will be accepted by Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd as payment. On issue, our gift vouchers are stamped and signed by a member of staff as proof of authenticity. Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd accepts no liability for lost, stolen or damaged gift vouchers.
- Gift vouchers may not be sold or exchanged or used for any other commercial purpose without Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd's express prior written permission.
- The gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash or credit and unused amounts will not be refunded to you.
- Gift vouchers may be used as part-payment towards a product exceeding the value of the gift voucher. In this case, the customer must pay for the difference by one of the usual methods of payment.
- Gift vouchers may be used to pay for a product of value less than the gift voucher amount. In this case, a new gift voucher will be issued, equal to the different between the purchase amount and the value of the original voucher.
- Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- If you have any general enquiries or queries relating to the gift vouchers, please contact us either by telephone on 01392 275660 or by email via the 'Contact Us' page in the website.
Purchasing Fabric Online
Prices indicated for fabrics are for either a Fat Quarter, half-metre or a panel, as stated individually for each fabric.
To get a Fat Quarter, the fabric is cut at 50cm and then slit half way along the width. A Fat Quarter is therefore 50cm x 55cm (approx) in size.
Multiple units of fabric will be cut in one continuous piece, unless otherwise stated. To ensure continuity of the fabric, orders of 3 or more Fat Quarters will actually be supplied as a combination of fat and thin quarters.
- 1 Fat Quarter = 50cm x 55cm (approx.)
- 2 Fat Quarters = 50cm x 110cm (approx.) - 1/2 metre
- 3 Fat Quarters = 75cm x 110cm (approx.) - 3/4 metre
- 4 Fat Quarters = 100cm x 110cm (approx.) - 1 metre
- 5 Fat Quarters = 125cm x 110cm (approx.) - 1 1/4 metre
- 6 Fat Quarters = 150cm x 110cm (approx) - 1 1/2 metre
and so on.
The same principle applies for fabrics sold in half-metre amounts.
- 1 Half Metre piece = 50cm x 112cm (approx.)
- 2 Half Metre pieces = 1 metre piece
- 3 Half Metre pieces = 1.5 metre piece
- 4 Half Metre pieces = 2 metre piece
- 5 Half Metre pieces = 2.5 metre piece
- 6 Half Metre pieces = 3 metre piece
and so on.
Please note: All our sale fabrics are sold as a half metre minimum, and in multiples of half a metre. We do not sell our sale fabrics in fat quarter or quarter metre amounts.
Our sale items often sell quickly and are generally not replaced in stock. We aim to update our website as soon as possible, but if your item is no longer available you will be contacted. You will then have the option to cancel your order if it is no longer in stock.
Fabric panels vary in size. The size is therefore stated for each individual panel.
Our images show one complete panel. We only sell panel fabrics in complete panels; simply enter the number of panels you require.
All patchwork fabrics listed on our website are 100% cotton with a width of 106-114cm (42"-44") unless stated otherwise.
Due to the limitations of colour printing, and certain colours being difficult to reproduce in photographs, the image colours may vary from actual fabric colours. We therefore advise you to use the images on our online shop as a guide only.Washing Instructions: Machine wash cold 30°c. Normal cycle with like colours. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low.
Drop your old sewing machine in with us and we will dispose of it for you for free, either when you buy a new machine with us, or simply if you have an unwanted machine that's seen better days.
You can find out more about this service on our website here.