TERMS & CONDITIONS
WEBSITE ORDERS DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
We are currently still able to post things out for delivery. We will be aiming to process online orders over the Christmas and New Year period whilst the shop is closed. However please bear in mind that Post Offices may be shut and there is still likely o be delays on delivery times. Thank you.
Not everything is listed on our website, so if there’s something you’re looking for but can’t find, please send us an email.
Please be aware that some orders are taking longer to arrive due to staff shortages at Royal Mail and other courier companies. Please be patient and allow longer than usual for your items to arrive.
We would like to thank everyone who has been placing orders online. We know these are difficult times for everyone and genuinely appreciate every purchase being made.
All of the prices shown on our website are in British Pounds Sterling (inclusive of VAT).
When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. This term has been included to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing. For example if we have inadvertently under-priced goods, are no longer able to supply a particular product, or the date for which a special offer is valid for has passed. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
Please note that our website uses professional digital images supplied by the brands. The thread colours are as closely reproduced as possible, but be aware that colour images can vary slightly between monitors.
Delivery Charges Within UK Mainland for Online Purchases
Postage and packing charges apply to all items purchased via our website. Postage and packing charges within the UK are shown in relation to the cost of the ordered items.
Below are our postage rates.
Order Value Postage and Packaging
- £4.99 or Under £1.50
- £5 - £9.99 £2.50
- £10 - £24.99 £3.50
- £25 - £39.99 £4.00
- £40 and over - free
If you give us an incorrect delivery address and a parcel is returned to us or undelivered because of that incorrect address we reserve the right to charge additional postage to cover the re-sending of your parcel to the correct address.
Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd reserves the right to notify you if postage to your chosen destination is significantly higher than the postage rate indicated due to the destination or the bulk/weight value of the item being shipped. If this is the case we will email you with information about the amended rate and will only proceed with the order when you confirm that the amended amount is acceptable.
Delivery Charges Beyond UK Mainland and Overseas Orders for Online Purchases
Currently we are not able to send items beyond UK Mainland and Overseas.
Purchasing Fabric Online
Prices indicated for fabrics are for either a Fat Quarter, half-metre or a panel, as stated individually for each fabric.
To get a Fat Quarter, the fabric is cut at 50cm and then slit half way along the width. A Fat Quarter is therefore 50cm x 55cm (approx) in size.
Multiple units of fabric will be cut in one continuous piece, unless otherwise stated. To ensure continuity of the fabric, orders of 3 or more Fat Quarters will actually be supplied as a combination of fat and thin quarters.
1 Fat Quarter = 50cm x 55cm (approx.)
2 Fat Quarters = 50cm x 110cm (approx.) - 1/2 metre
3 Fat Quarters = 75cm x 110cm (approx.) - 3/4 metre
4 Fat Quarters = 100cm x 110cm (approx.) - 1 metre
5 Fat Quarters = 125cm x 110cm (approx.) - 1 1/4 metre
6 Fat Quarters = 150cm x 110cm (approx) - 1 1/2 metre
and so on.
The same principle applies for fabrics sold in half-metre amounts.
1 Half Metre piece = 50cm x 112cm (approx.)
2 Half Metre pieces = 1 metre piece
3 Half Metre pieces = 1.5 metre piece
4 Half Metre pieces = 2 metre piece
5 Half Metre pieces = 2.5 metre piece
6 Half Metre pieces = 3 metre piece
and so on.
Please note: All our sale fabrics are sold as a half metre minimum, and in multiples of half a metre. We do not sell our sale fabrics in fat quarter or quarter metre amounts.
Fabric panels vary in size. The size is therefore stated for each individual panel.
Our images show one complete panel. We only sell panel fabrics in complete panels; simply enter the number of panels you require.
All patchwork fabrics listed on our website are 100% cotton with a width of 106-114cm (42"-44") unless stated otherwise.
Due to the limitations of colour printing, and certain colours being difficult to reproduce in photographs, the image colours may vary from actual fabric colours. We therefore advise you to use the images on our online shop as a guide only.
Washing Instructions: Machine wash cold 30°c. Normal cycle with like colours. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low.
If your item is not in stock you will be contacted and we will inform you of the expected waiting time. You will then have the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
Our sale items often sell quickly and are generally not replaced in stock. We aim to update our website as soon as possible, but if your item is no longer available you will be contacted. You will then have the option to cancel your order if it is no longer in stock.
Booking onto Classes
- Our preferred method of booking is via telephone. If you are unable to telephone us during business hours, please email to enquire about the class availability.
- Not all our classes are available to book online - and the absence of a 'Book Online' option does not necessarily mean that the class is full! If an online booking option isn't available, please telephone to enquire and book your place.
- We do run Cancellation Lists when classes become fully booked.
- We require payment in advance for all class bookings.
Attending Our Classes
- You will receive a courtesy call several days before your class to confirm your attendance and class requirements.
- For those classes that have a supply list, this will be emailed to you approximately one month before the class.
- If materials and/or equipment are needed for a class, this is stated in the class description on the website.
- Parking is available in the nearby Triangle Pay-&-Display car park at the rear of the building. Please do not use one of our short-stay spaces at the shop if you are attending a class.
- For full-day workshops please bring a packed lunch with you. Our classes have a 30 minute break for lunch. Tea and coffee are provided. (Exe Coffee Roasters is a few doors down from us if you fancy treating yourself!)
- We will always try to give as much notice as possible if a class has to be cancelled or postponed. This may be due to minimum numbers not being reached or unforeseen circumstances. We will contact you via email or telephone, and will offer either a full refund or a transfer to another workshop, space permitting.
- We always do our best to keep to the expected duration time of a class. However, your class may run slightly longer depending on the number of participants, their ability and speed. Please bear this in mind when planning your day and car parking.
Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd gift vouchers are issued by Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd only.
By purchasing a gift voucher you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Please note that the gift vouchers can only be redeemed in-store. They cannot be used to purchase products online via our website.
- Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd gift vouchers are valid for 24 months from date of purchase.
- The minimum amount for a gift voucher is £5.
- As with all purchases made online, gift vouchers can be expected between 2 to 4 working days from the order date. Unfortunately, we cannot specify or guarantee a delivery time. (Please see above for more information about delivery charges and times).
- You are able to choose a different delivery address if you would like us to send the gift voucher directly to the recipient. In this case, please email us immediately after placing your order so that we can include a message with the gift voucher. Please state clearly what you would like this message to say. It is important that you also include your own name and confirm the delivery address in this email, to allow us to match it up to the correct online purchase.
- Our gift vouchers are available in mulitples of £5 and £10, simply select the quantity you would like. The gift voucher will be written as a single voucher for the total amount purchased. If you would like the total amount spread across separate vouchers, please email us with instructions immediately after making your purchase. It is important that you include your name and delivery details in this email, to allow us to match it up to the correct online purchase.
- Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd gift vouchers can be used for part-payment or full-payment against any of our products, including machines and places on our classes.
- The purchase of products and booking of classes and/or other goods shall be subject to availability. The gift voucher does not allow you to be entitled to any preferential rights over other customers.
- Please keep your gift voucher safe as it contains credit which can be used by anyone presenting it at Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd. Only original, undamaged gift vouchers will be accepted by Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd as payment. On issue, our gift vouchers are stamped and signed by a member of staff as proof of authenticity. Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd accepts no liability for lost, stolen or damaged gift vouchers.
- Gift vouchers may not be sold or exchanged or used for any other commercial purpose without Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd's express prior written permission.
- The gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash or credit and unused amounts will not be refunded to you.
- Gift vouchers may be used as part-payment towards a product exceeding the value of the gift voucher. In this case, the customer must pay for the difference by one of the usual methods of payment.
- Gift vouchers may be used to pay for a product of value less than the gift voucher amount. In this case, a new gift voucher will be issued, equal to the different between the purchase amount and the value of the original voucher.
Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
If you have any general enquiries or queries relating to the gift vouchers, please contact us either by telephone on 01392 275660 or by email via the 'Contact Us' page in the website.
Data collected by this site is used to take and fulfil customer orders. Exeter Sewing Machine Company Ltd do not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
All our prices are shown inclusive of VAT.
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of electrical items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge.
Drop your old sewing machine in with us and we will dispose of it for you for free, either when you buy a new machine with us, or simply if you have an unwanted machine that's seen better days.
You can find out more about this service on our website here.