STITCHING IN SPACE
£45 for one-day class, 10am-4pm
Learn how to stitch trees, ferns, flowers and more using the technique of stitching across a hole in your fabric. At the end of the workshop you will have a range of samples to inform future work, and a tree silhouette picture suitable for framing.
Please bring the following EQUIPMENT along to class:
- sewing machine, including all accessories, feet and manual
- darning or free motion embroidery foot
- a variety of sewing machine needles
- sewing kit, including paper and fabric scissors, pins, tailor's chalk, etc.
- wooden kebab stick (if you have one)
- notebook and pen/pencil
- 22cm embroidery hoop – with the inner ring covered with bias tape, and/or a metal spring embroidery hoop
You will also need to bring the following MATERIALS to class:
- 1/2 metre of calico
- good quality sewing threads in various colours (e.g. Gutermann, Sylko, etc.)
- machine embroidery threads if you have them, including metallic ones if you have them
- 30cm square of Hessian, loosely woven linen, upholstery scrim (one or all of these to try)
- Small square of coloured cotton or silk
- 30cm square of felt
- 30cm square of pelmet vilene
All of the materials above can be purchased on the day, either from our shop or from the teacher.
If you have any questions regarding the equipment or materials to brng, please don't hesitate to speak to us.
To find out more about Jan Tillett's workshops, visit her website at www.jantillett.co.uk.
Next workshop dates:
- To be confirmed
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP ON 01392 275660