SERVICING AND REPAIRS
From Tuesday 16th June the following will apply until further notice:
- Our operating hours will be Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 2pm.
- During the above operating hours, we will be able to take machines in for servicing, however work on machines will not commence until July at the earliest. This is due to our team remaining furloughed for the duration of the month.
- We are unable to take bookings for machines in advance - they will be booked in on arrival at the shop.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR BACK ENTRANCE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED AND MACHINES WILL NEED TO BE BROUGHT TO THE FRONT ENTRANCE.
- The expected turnaround of machine services and repairs will be at least three weeks from the time the machine is brought to us.
- We will be operating a strict ‘one customer at a time in the shop’ policy. Please understand that if someone is in the shop when you arrive, you will need to wait outside. We will be unable to predict whether someone will be in the shop on your arrival, but will do our best to serve you as soon as possible.
SEWING MACHINE SERVICE F.A.Q.
What is your service charge?
Our charges depend on the type of machine you want serviced:
- Sewing machine: £49 (excluding parts)
- High-end computerised sewing machine: £59 (excluding parts)
- Embroidery machine: £69 with unit, £59 without unit (excluding parts)
- Overlocker: £59 (excluding parts)
- Multi-needle embroidery machine: £199 (excluding parts)
Does the standard service charge include parts?
The standard service charge is made when the machine is deposited with us and any parts required will be charged on collection.
More complicated repairs may incur additional labour costs.
What does a service include?
During the service we will strip off the machine, clean out with compressed air, lubricate with our special Teflon based lubricant, carry out any adjustments, replace broken or worn parts (parts charged extra), assemble, clean and test sew.
Is your repair work guaranteed?
Repair work is guaranteed for a period of 3 months.