SERVICING AND REPAIRS
From Wednesday 1st July the following will apply until further notice:
- Our opening hours will be Tuesday - Saturday, 10am - 2pm.
- Servicing and repairs on machines has now resumed.
- You can bring your machine in at any time during our opening hours - there is no need to telephone us beforehand.
- We are currently receiving an unprecedented number of machines, so the turnaround for services and repairs is up to three weeks from the time the machine is brought to us.
- We are unable to take bookings for machines in advance - they will be booked in on arrival at the shop.
- We are operating a 'one customer at a time per floor’ policy. Please understand that if someone is in the shop when you arrive, you will need to wait outside. We will serve you as soon as possible.
- Payment for serviced machines will be made over the telephone when we contact you to let you know the machine is ready. Please ensure that you will be able to make payment via telephone before bringing your machine to us.
SEWING MACHINE SERVICE F.A.Q.
What is your service charge?
Our charges depend on the type of machine you want serviced:
- Sewing machine: £49 (excluding parts)
- High-end computerised sewing machine: £59 (excluding parts)
- Embroidery machine: £69 with unit, £59 without unit (excluding parts)
- Overlocker: £59 (excluding parts)
- Multi-needle embroidery machine: £199 (excluding parts)
Does the standard service charge include parts?
The standard service charge is made when the machine is deposited with us and any parts required will be charged on collection.
More complicated repairs may incur additional labour costs.
What does a service include?
During the service we will strip off the machine, clean out with compressed air, lubricate with our special Teflon based lubricant, carry out any adjustments, replace broken or worn parts (parts charged extra), assemble, clean and test sew.
Is your repair work guaranteed?
Repair work is guaranteed for a period of 3 months.