PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE with Abbie Anne Searle
£45 one-day workshop, 10am - 4pm (plus £3.00 to be paid to the tutor on the day)
(Some materials and equipment required - see below for details)
Abbie Anne Searle is a local textile artist and tutor who enjoys encouraging her students to play with colour, fabric and their own imagination!
During this class you will start making a 'Partridge in a Pear Tree' wall hanging, Abbie's own design. (Too early for Christmas crafts? Simply use non-Christmasy fabrics to turn it into a regular tree!). You will make the component parts during the class, ready for assembling at home.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE CLASS?
- 1 metre green fabric (for the tree underneath the leaves)
- Wadding: 18" x 20" (for the tree)
- Wadding: approx 45" x 50" (for the leaves - can be made up for scraps)
- 4 fat quarters of different Christmas fabrics
- 1 metre fabric (for backing the leaves - Abbie uses a plain green)
- Fat ⅛th of brown fabric (for the tree trunk)
- Scrap of orange fabric (for the boots)
- Scrap of red fabric (for the legs)
- Fat ⅛th of green fabric (for the pear)
- Minimal amount of toy stuffing (for the boots, legs and pear)
- Threads to suit the project (Abbie uses green and gold)
- Selection of small beads (Abbie uses gold, pearl, red and green)
- Red flower buttons (Abbie uses five 25mm buttons and three 18mm buttons)
- Twelve black small bugle buttons (for the boots)
You will also need to bring the following equipment:
- Sewing machine - including a new needle
- Walking foot (if you have one)
- General sewing kit
- Scissors, both large and trimming size
- Fabric marker
- Thin item for turning things through (a thing knitting needle, crochet hook or pencil will do the job!)
Please note: There will be an additional charge of £3.00 on the day, to be paid (in cash please) directly to the tutor - this is for your own copy of her pattern and instructions.
NEXT CLASS DATES:
Saturday 12th May 2018
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP ON 01392 275660