INTERMEDIATE PATTERN CUTTING with Janet Williams
£110 for a two-day course, 10am - 4pm
(Some equipment required - see below for details)
By popular demand, we are now running an Intermediate Pattern Cutting class.
Our teacher, Janet Williams, has been pattern cutting since she completed a course at Kensington and Chelsea College of Fashion and Design in 1989. Designed as a follow-on to our Beginners Pattern Cutting class, this class is a fantastic opportunity to build on your pattern cutting knowledge and learn some essential skills for successful dressmaking.
During the course you learn about:
- Seam allowances
- Darts on skirts and bodices
- Hems on tapered skirts, A-line skirts, and sleeves
- Button wrap and stand, and placing buttons
- Waist bands
- Facings - grown on and applied
- Fly insertion for trousers
- Making your own individual style.
In addition, your toiles will be checked and corrected if needed.
Please note: It is a requirement that you have attended our Beginners Pattern Cutting course before attending this class.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE CLASS?
You will need to bring the following items with you:
- Your copy of Winifred Aldrich's Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear
- Your blocks from the previous class
- Your finished skirt toile
- Your finished bodice toile, with sleeves inserted
- OPTIONAL: A finished trouser toile
- Sewing threads
- Pencils and pens
- Eraser and pencil sharpener
- Paper scissors
All other equipment, including sewing machines, will be provided.
NEXT CLASS DATES
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL CLASSES ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC.
We are currently unable to give future dates or take bookings whilst things remain uncertain.
Thank you for your patience during this time.