INTERMEDIATE PATTERN CUTTING with Janet Williams
£110 for a two-day course, 10am - 4pm
(Some equipment required - see below for details)
By popular demand, we are now running an Intermediate Pattern Cutting class.
Our teacher, Janet Williams, has been pattern cutting since she completed a course at Kensington and Chelsea College of Fashion and Design in 1989. Designed as a follow-on to our Beginners Pattern Cutting class, this class is a fantastic opportunity to build on your pattern cutting knowledge and learn some essential skills for successful dressmaking.
During the course you learn about:
- Seam allowances
- Darts on skirts and bodices
- Hems on tapered skirts, A-line skirts, and sleeves
- Button wrap and stand, and placing buttons
- Waist bands
- Facings - grown on and applied
- Fly insertion for trousers
- Making your own individual style.
In addition, your toiles will be checked and corrected if needed.
Please note: It is a requirement that you have attended our Beginners Pattern Cutting course before attending this class.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE CLASS?
You will need to bring the following items with you:
- Your copy of Winifred Aldrich's Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear
- Your blocks from the previous class
- Your finished skirt toile
- Your finished bodice toile, with sleeves inserted
- OPTIONAL: A finished trouser toile
- Sewing threads
- Pencils and pens
- Eraser and pencil sharpener
- Paper scissors
All other equipment, including sewing machines, will be provided.
NEXT CLASS DATES:
- New dates coming soon - please phone us at the shop to register your interest.
(Please note that this is a two-day class)
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP ON 01392 275660