INTERMEDIATE PATCHWORK & QUILTING
£75 for a two-day course, 10am - 4pm
(Some materials required - see below for details)
Designed as a follow-on from our Beginners Patchwork & Quilting class, this two-day course builds on skills learnt previously whilst introducing new techniques.
By popular demand, our intermediate class focuses on the various methods for sewing triangular shapes in your patchwork blocks. You will also learn how to add sashing and borders to your quilts. It's the perfect next-step to take when you want to progress along your journey of patchwork and quilting!
During the course you will learn about:
- Half-square triangle patchwork
- Quarter-square triangle patchwork
- Flying Geese patchwork
- Calculating and cutting the correct size of fabric for sashing and borders
- How to attach sashing and borders
- Tied quilting
We keep the group small (six people maximum) to allow you time to concentrate and learn whilst enjoying the company of other quilters.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE CLASS?
You will need to bring the following fabrics:
- Three 50cm x 50cm squares ('fat quarters') of fabric for the patchwork
- Two pieces of 25cm (cut across the full width) of fabric for the sashing and border
All others materials and threads will be provided. Once you've booked the class, we will send you an email with more detail and advice on how to choose your fabrics. If you come into our shop before the class, we can even help you with your fabric selection.
We do provide the sewing machines and accessories for this class. However, if you would prefer to bring your own machine, please contact us so that we can make sure you also have the necessary machine accessories for the class.
CLASS LEVEL: IMPROVER / INTERMEDIATE
This class is suitable for most abilities, from those who have only just begun patchwork to those who are looking for some fresh ideas or to improve their knowledge and skills. You don't have to be at a particular level to attend this class, but it is not recommended for absolute beginners who have never sewn any patchwork before.
As a guide, this class will be suitable if you:
- Have used a rotary cutter and ruler before
- Understand the imperial measuring system and ¼inch seam allowance
- Have used a sewing machine before
It's also a perfect follow-on from our Patchwork & Quilting For Beginners class. If in doubt, please email or telephone us to discuss whether this class will be suitable for you.
(If you would prefer to 'start at the beginning', why not come along to our Patchwork & Quilting For Beginners class.)
NEXT CLASS DATES:
(Please note that this is a two-day class)
- Friday 9th & Saturday 10th February 2018
- Friday 2nd & Saturday 3rd March 2018
- Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd June 2018
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP ON 01392 275660