COMPUTERISED MACHINE EMBROIDERY: CREATIVE TECHNIQUES with Liz Keegan
£40 one-day class, 10am - 4pm
Please note that this class is for computerised embroidery machines that use an embroidery unit.
Have fun trying new creative techniques with your embroidery machine and find out what else it's capable of doing!
Our teacher, Liz Keegan, published her first book about computerised machine embroidery in 2014. Designed as a follow-on from our Computerised Machine Embroidery for Beginners class, this course gives you more insight into the creative techniques that will help get the most out of your machine.
During the class you will learn about:
- Free standing lace
- Free standing organza embroidery
- Using water soluble stabiliser
- Transferring embroidery designs to your machine
- Placement of embroidery designs
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE CLASS?
You will need to bring the following items with you:
- Embroidery machine with its embroidery unit
- Embroidery machine accessories - including the embroidery hoops, embroidery foot and screwdriver
- Machine instruction manual
- Embroidery machine needles
- Empty USB stick (if used - or direct cable if used)
- Machine embroidery threads - approximately 6
- Bobbin fill (and bobbin)
- Half a metre of organza (any colour)
- Half a metre of cotton fabric (quilting cotton fabric, plain, any colour)
(The required fabric, threads and needles can be purchased from us on the day)
It is preferred that the Beginners Computerised Embroidery class is completed before attending this class.
NEXT CLASS DATES:
- Saturday 28th July 2018
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP ON 01392 275660