BEGINNERS PATTERN CUTTING with Janet Williams
£110 for a two-day course, 10am - 4pm
(Some equipment required - see below for details)
This course is designed for people who would like to start drafting their own dressmaking patterns.
During this two-day course you will learn how to make patterns from scratch to fit your own personal measurements and shape. You will draft skirt and bodice blocks and discover how to convert them into patterns.
During the course you will learn about:
- The principles of pattern cutting
- The basics of a good fit
- Tools of the trade
- How to take your measurements correctly
- Making skirt, bodice and sleeve blocks
- Converting your blocks into patterns
- Types of ease
- Balance marks and dart manipulation
- Sleeveless patterns, lingerie and evening wear
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE CLASS?
You will need to bring the following items with you:
- A copy of Winifred Aldrich's Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear (see note below)
- Pencils and pens (various colours)
- Eraser and pencil sharpener
- Paper scissors
Winifred Aldrich's Metric Pattern Cutting for Women's Wear (6th Edition) is the textbook we will be working with. You will need to have your own copy during the class. You can purchase a copy of the book in our shop, either before the class or on the day. Our price is £32.99.
The rest of the materials will be provided for you.
NEXT CLASS DATES:
(Please note that this is a two-day class)
- Monday 5th & Tuesday 6th March 2018
- Monday 12th & Tuesday 13th March 2018
- Friday 6th & Saturday 7th April 2018
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP ON 01392 275660