BEGINNERS COMPUTERISED MACHINE EMBROIDERY with Liz Keegan
£40 one-day class, 10am - 4pm
Please note that this class is for computerised embroidery machines that use an embroidery unit.
This class is designed to help get you started on your computerised embroidery machine.
Learning about the various embroidery threads and stabilisers can often feel like trying to navigate a minefield. This class is designed to remove the mystery and confusion! Find out how to avoid mistakes, produce beautiful pieces of work and - most importantly - how to love your machine.
Our teacher, Liz Keegan, founded Flair magazine - the UK's first magazine dedicated to computerised machine embroidery. She published her first book on the subject in 2014.
During the class you will learn about:
- Different stabilisers and when to use them
- How to hoop your fabric correctly
- Which needles and threads to use
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE CLASS?
You will need to bring the following items with you:
- Embroidery machine with its embroidery unit
- Embroidery machine accessories - including the embroidery hoops, embroidery foot and screwdriver
- Machine instruction manual
- Embroidery machine needles
- Bobbin fill thread (and bobbin)
- One metre of cotton fabric (quilting cotton fabric, plain, any colour)
(The required fabric, bobbin threads and needles can be purchased from us on the day)
SPECIAL CLASS OFFER:
Because we pride ourselves on getting you off to the best start with your new machine, we offer a free 'Beginners Computerised Machine Embroidery' class with every embroidery machine purchased from us. (This offer lasts for 12 months after the machine is purchased.)
NEXT CLASS DATES:
- Thursday 25th January 2018
- Saturday 3rd March 2018
TO BOOK PLEASE CALL OUR SHOP ON 01392 275660